To fulfil your order, you must provide certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment method (Will Cartwright Illustration only sees the way you have paid for an illustration commission, i.e. PayPal, and has no access to actual bank or card details) and the details of the product that you’re commissioning.
The information you give use will be used for:
– Processing your commission request
– Fulfilling your commission request
– Providing customer support
– Product guarantees and settling disputes
– If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
Will Cartwright Illustration will only send you emails in regards to commission-based updates, important news regarding the progress of ongoing commissions, or when you have contacted me to request information or services.
Will Cartwright Illustration does not send you any sort of newsletter or promotional email.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Customer information will be shared only to fulfill certain business obligations:
– Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my services, such as PayPal for payments and Hotmail for email communication with clients. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services e.g. usage to process payments and communicate with clients. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies available on their websites.
– Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
All information is kept securely and in line with UK laws on a personal password-protected computer. No paper records of your information are kept.
Information relating to purchases is generally kept for tax and accounting purposes.
Quotes and general enquiry emails will be removed from records after 6 months.
– Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information held about you by contacting Will Cartwright Illustration using the contact information below.
– Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict use of, or delete personal information. Unless there are exceptional circumstances (such as being required to store data for legal reasons) your personal information will be deleted upon request.
– Object. You can object to receiving any future messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, your personal information will be deleted unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
– Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about the use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, William Cartwright, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com